As promised, new Rusty Navigator 126.96.36.199 has been released.
The following things have been updated:
- Various Bug Fixes
- Cleaned up the draw code to omit functions that do not need updating when not in use.
- Removed some control stuffs that just didn’t need to be around anymore.
- Status bar does not show automatically anymore. You must enable it in the Map menu now.
- Mini Mode added. This adds the feature to keep the map “Always on top” and removes all bars and windows. (You can activate this by double clicking the map or in the Map menu)
- Adding points of interest now changed to right clicking on the map to add points.
- Updated the packet timing on how often the map is updated. The map will now be more responsive.
- Added Windows installer files to the setup, this was omitted in the deployment for some strange reason last release.
Please report any issues you find over on the Forums. As well, for people experiencing any graphics lagging please report this as well with your machine setup. The next step will be to push out a smaller map file to increase draw speed, however I think I will just include this in the next release. (Which will hopefully just include a new map and a fix for going off the map when you pass hacker valley.) I’m going to hopefully have the next release out by this weekend.
In the meantime, give this release a try and head over to the Downloads section.
Quick update for all of you this morning; I’ve had a few suggestions and bug reports that I have been trying to push into this release. I’m just waiting to hear back from a few more users to finalize this next release.
I’ve had a request to remove the status bar which shows the XZ/Heading stuff at the bottom. I’ve made it so it starts with it closed, and you can always turn it on if you want. I agree its not as useful as what it once was, since the GPS needle moves around now.
Secondly, I’ve cleaned up the draw code, its basically as lean as it can be. I’ve had some reports that some people have laggy performance, especially on Windows 8 machines. There are two less controls on the form now ( which really were put there for quick development reasons back in the initial release), and some draw calls wont happen until there is something to draw (ie friends/points). I think I found the issue with some of the frame rate problems, which was one line of code from the old gps 90 degree needle.
Third, people are still having problems here and there with Winpcap which I’m going to try and do something to ease the pain of debugging whats going on when it decides to not work. It seems all of the time, it has to do with the WinPcap service not running correctly with some of the newest versions of windows. As well there is an issue with the gps going all wonky when you walk past towards hacker mountain area. Going to try and work on this and have it corrected.
So if you have come across any bugs, or have any suggestions please head over to the Forum, and post your thoughts. I can try to squeeze them in to the next release. Im looking to release the next version most likely this Tuesday/Wednesday.
Thanks for the support, and i’ll keep you updated!